Monday 3 September 2012

Producer's charge against Vijay fans


The producer of 'Kalla Thupakki', who is involved in a legal battle against Vijay starrer 'Thupaki' over its title, has alleged that the actor's fans had been threatening him with dire consequences.

"Already I am facing a lot of hurdles to release my movie. Now I am being threatened by some persons, who claim themselves as fans of Vijay. I have received more than 150 calls on my mobile in just a few days," says Ravidevan.

Ravidevan's case is that he had registered the title 'Kalla Thupakki' in 2009 itself and had been renewing it every year after that.

"However, going against the rules and regulations of cinema bodies, a similar title ('Thupaki') was registered by those behind the Vijay starrer film, using the influence of his father S A Chandrasekaran, who is the president of Tamil Film Producers Council."
*News From (IndiaGlitz [Saturday, September 01, 2012])

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More